Monday, February 23, 2009

In Your Face!


One of the more important lessons I've learned so far during my stint in sales is that it's all about the face time. I try and get out to meet with my prospects and clients as often as I can.

-"John, I've got your quote, mind if I drop by and go over it with you?"
-"Steve, I've got proofs ready for you, when do you want me to stop by?"
-"Lisa, the job looks great, I've got some samples for you. Mind if I swing by with them?"
-"Alex, my baby just rolled-over on his own. Can I stop by and tell you about it?"

Ok, that last one is a bit of a stretch, but you get the idea. There is nothing more important than showing your face around those you want business from; I truly believe that the more people see your face the more they begin to trust you and that's ground for a relationship, baby! And besides, when you get your quotes all ready, attach them to your email, and hit send, how easy is it for the prospect to take a look at it, get confused over pricing or some other issue, and hit delete? In this digital age, way too easy. Imagine how your chances could improve if, when your prospect has a question over the pricing, you are there to explain it to them and work through that process.
Tip of the day: Pop those pimples, pluck those brows, and show your face!

No comments:

Post a Comment